Saturday, January 3, 2009

North Dakota!!!!

After having attended the Physician Assistant program at the University of North Dakota, I came away with the belief that North Dakotans are some of the nicest people in the world. My wife, who visited me while I was in school, felt the same way. They have almost no violent crime, and most of what there is, is perpetrated by people who are NOT FROM North Dakota, but somewhere else.

For instance, Grand Forks, a town about three times the size of my hometown, had 1 murder in the year I lived there, and it was the first in something like 5 years!

Now comes news that all of North Dakota had a total of 2, yes that is correct, TWO, murders in 2008. Both of them were stabbings.

NO GUN RELATED MURDERS!!

This in a state that ranks 44th on the list of The Brady Campaign for gun control! More than 50% of North Dakota homes have at least one firearm.

More on this later!!

No comments: